Brainwash

2010’s Winners (minus one)!

Thanks again to all who came to the festival and all of the moviemakers! Here are the first six awards — some time in the next couple days we’ll tally up the totals of the many ballots you submitted and award the Audience Choice Award!

• 1st prize: With Anchovies… Without Mamma by Thomas Justino
  • 2nd Grand Prize: Way To Go, Christine! by Mark Thimijian
  • 3rd prize: Goodnight, Harvey by Josh Self and Orlando Rivera II (IFYW)
  • 4th prize: The Horror of Our Love: A Short Film by Dave Reda (Elftwin Films)
  • 5th prize: Signatures by Matthew McKenna
  • 6th prize: What Alex Understands by Sebastian Jones

Congratulations!

• Both comments and trackbacks are currently closed.
Posted on August 15, 2010 at 4:55 am by Jason Gohlke.
Filed under: Award Winners, Our moviemakers, The Festival, Top of Brain.
Follow comments on this post's RSS feed.

9 Comments

1. cheesewhiz
    Posted August 16, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Permalink

Can’t wait to hear who won audience prize! Any chance we’ll find out soon?

2. Posted August 16, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Permalink

I believe there is a chance!

3. MarieK6869
    Posted August 18, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Looking forward to hearing who won audience choice! I’m not sure how to contact the guys from “The Morgue” but I loved your movie and really enjoyed meeting the producer at the fest(our whole van and our friends in the truck next to us voted for you guys!) Great job Brainwash on having a spectacular festival with some awesome films and awesome filmmakers!!! Can’t wait to come back next year!!

4. Donald McQuade
    Posted August 18, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Permalink

Hi MarieK6869!
    I was the director for ‘Morgue: a Love Story With Guts’ and my producer actually told me that he met a “ton of people in a large van”… I’m guessing that was you guys? :-)
    Anyway, I’m really glad that you liked our movie and even happier that your group liked enough to vote for us (personally I really liked “Viola Concerto” and the documentary the best). We were so happy to screen our film at Brainwash and are really proud to be a part of such a festival. Thanks Brainwash for an awesome weekend!!!
    Donald McQuade,

5. jacquifilm22
    Posted August 20, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

Congrats to everybody! Wish I could have attended. My film was “L’Essere Umano Moderno.”

6. cheesewhiz
    Posted August 24, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Permalink

Any news on that audience choice award?

7. Posted August 24, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Permalink

Sorry, guys, day jobs and other distractions have prevented us from calling the winner first. (Would it be better just to post it?)

8. cheesewhiz
    Posted August 24, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Permalink

I’d just post it :)

9. Posted August 30, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Permalink

Your question has finally been answered: http://www.brainwashm.com/?p=280 :)

Register or Log in

Get the latest on Facebook and Twitter and join the email list!

2010 Brainwash program t-shirt
The Official Lilly @ Brainwash T-Shirt! (click on pic. for Women's, here for Men's)